Dota 2 6.84 - Source 1
Alternative MirrorsThese clients will not work with Proton
After unzipping, simply run 'dota.exe'. Make sure the Steam client is open! Then head on over to Queue!
Running on Linux
Unfortunately we don't have access to the Linux binaries, but the game works great using recent versions of Proton (6.3-2)
- 1. Download a Proton compatible client (The first download group)
- 2. Add dota.exe as a non-steam game
- 3. Enable compatibility mode and select Proton 6.3-2 or newer
Alternatively Proton GE versions 5.21-1 or newer work as well.
Trying Proton-GE first. It's very fast and easy. Just download and extract it to
~/.steam/steam/compatibilitytools.d/ and then restart Steam.
If all else fails, use a Windows installation of Steam, and launch it through Wine. Using DXVK will greatly increase performance, and fix any graphical errors.
Older versions of Dota sometimes need a little tweaking. You can fix it up quickly in the autoexec.cfg located at -
- You should always leave the console enabled -
- Adjust the minimap icon sizes. The default is 1000 -
- Right clicks to deny are on by default -
Other Common Settings
- Quick attack (you need to unbind "a" in the settings) -
bind "a" "mc_attack; +sixense_left_click; -sixense_left_click"
- Repeating right clicks when held down -
- Directional movement - Hold alt to ignore pathfinding -